Took A Greyhound Bus To My Love


 Took a Greyhound bus to my love 

Waiting for me in Texas

In a necklace 

Story of a nexus 

That grew into love 

A love that connects us 

Across state lines 

Swamp to the desert 

One leads to the other 

Landscapes fade and change 

Wide open range 

Leaving plenty of space to fill with love 

Daydreams 

Of real things 

That keep us intertwined 

Took a Greyhound bus to my love 

So I could dream the whole way 

Of the way 

She makes me feel 

Smiles on my face for real 

Green eyes sparkling through the night 

Holding my baby tight 

Wheels on the road 

Turning round and round 

Like the feels in my heart 

Hitting like a dart 

Pulling up on the target 

Of my affection 

No question 

It’s been worth the whole ride 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anxiety

She Dreams of the Desert