Not Mine

 Like a flock of birds lifting from the tundra 

White noise 

Desperation 

Fleeing 

I had an urge to leave you

The cold never suited me anyway  

Snow and ice reigned over my path 

I searched for a safe place to land  

Like a magpie I was drawn to gold 

The golden glimmer of the sun 

To thaw out my frozen wings 

To ease the spasms 

As I stretched out again 

Flapping 

Creating thunder with my wings 

Reunited with my own power once more 

I lifted from the ground 

Ice falling from my feathers 

My spirit rose 

I levitated above our ruin 

Shining again 

Free 

Soaring 

As the sun warmed my blood

I found my voice again 

Screeching 

Grateful to tell my tale 

Of hell and survival 

You pick where you stay rooted 

And I knew all along 

The earth was not mine 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anxiety

She Dreams of the Desert

Took A Greyhound Bus To My Love