Guts and Glory


 Hung my guts out 

On a lonely fence 

To tan in the desert sun 

Placed my fears beneath your arms 

As you slept 

Defecated molten memories 

In the parking lot 

Of The Get Go 

Where you first said you loved me 

Rid myself of your falsities 

Evacuated those feelings 

There was a sunshine inside of you (or so I thought) 

Poured myself pitchers of it 

Drunk on your essence 

All I got were maggots in my mouth 

Eating away at the linings of my cheeks 

As I hocked pieces of my own flesh 

The air around me with a mist of my own blood 

I swallowed 

Almost aspirating 

Realized that I am the owner 

Of what’s left 

Of my insecurities 

Of my inconsistencies 

Of my guts

Pride took over my disgust 

Your love may have disfigured me 

However, I remain 

Guts And Glory

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anxiety

She Dreams of the Desert

Took A Greyhound Bus To My Love