Western Stars


 Hitchhiked through love 

Passing town to town 

Love to love 

Short lived 

Like a gas lamp 

Flickering until I burned out 

Catch me now 

Cuz tomorrow I’ll be gone 

Wrung myself out 

Soaked to the bone 

This rainfall 

She ain’t no joke 

Your broken pieces 

Fit my broken pieces 

Until you threw us to the floor 

Shards stabbing my feet 

As I ran away 

The shelter I seek 

Is always so far off in the distance 

But the answer is always me 

I lose track of time 

It’s all storms blowing through 

Chasing wild horses 

Thundering in the other direction 

I head into the darkness 

With the hope of a coming dawn 

These western stars light my way 

Plastered onto my neck 

Like the dirty, forlorn wind 

I keep blowing in 

And I’ll keep persisting 

Until you stop resisting 

And like the winds of change 

You invite me in 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anxiety

She Dreams of the Desert

Took A Greyhound Bus To My Love