Something About The Heat (by James Leland Ludeau III from Lafayette,LA)

In those days it was simpler
The summer nights seemed to last for days
Carefree escapades
The humidity stuck to us
Heightening the lust
Magnifying the fun
Sometimes I felt like the sun's light only existed for my skin
Energy swarming
Kisses that had the power to make your day
Bronzed lovers
Stealing moments in the grass
Standing on a balcony on St Ann
Your fingers caressed my blond hair
As you bit my lip softly
I think there's something about the heat in the South
It makes you not care about anything but relief
The moon
The dew
Cooling off the intensity of the day
I ran into your arms
Our love innocent
Still makes me smile
So long ago
Summertime still brings that feeling out in me
You still touch me
Like the amber light of the sun
You light up my life

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anxiety

She Dreams of the Desert

Took A Greyhound Bus To My Love