My Course in Geology (by James Leland Ludeau III from Lafayette,LA)

the geologist
digging for treasure
cracking open geodes
seeking beauty
stumbled upon me
said i was your King
and now you want your freedom
that's not how history has written this story
we've both come from south of the border
consumed in sin
i wanna bring you to your new destination
where you can live out the rest of your days
see your clever game tried to get the best of me
but you didn't know the rest of me
i'm stronger with each blow
this crown fixed upon my head
i refuse to give in
laugh at your tears
Heartbreak City
is where you belong
singing your song
won't win me back
you lack
what i need
filled with greed
stealing my time and soul
won't fall into that hole
like Alice i won't be lost
i'm boss
your loss
game over
for you

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anxiety

She Dreams of the Desert

Took A Greyhound Bus To My Love