How It Hurts (by James Leland Ludeau III from Lafayette,LA)

i am the earth under your feet
can't repeat
can't tread where we've been
can't unsee the seen
you were the gasoline
i was the match
to catch
aflame
my heart still burning
yearning
for your touch
such
fire
higher
than i'd ever flown before
like a whore
on the floor
begging you to wrap your arms around me
see
what i can be
what i can give
live
with my flaws
your claws
leave their mark
spark
in the dark
a bed of flames
shames
buried
in the dirt
your shirt
removed slowly
unholy
my actions
your reactions
sticky hot mess
undress
flesh against flesh
no rest
we consumed each other with a desire
hotter than fire
but those pages burn
it's my turn
to use my passion
to turn my gas on high
to fly
above this desire of the flesh
not like the rest
i can take the vow
how
i remember your taste
a waste
my time
crime
shamed
engulfed in flame
fire
higher
but i rise
your cries
from eyes
that fake tears
years
from now
how
you'll recall
your fall
and how you resisted it all
and i sit in my orange robes
globes
in my hand
sand
beneath my feet
never repeat
how i felt
cards dealt
on the table
able
to burn
learn
how it hurts

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anxiety

She Dreams of the Desert

Took A Greyhound Bus To My Love