Exposed and Silent


 As the sun cleansed me 

And the winds shifted me 

I swung my bloodied sword 

Patinaed by my demons 

They never stood a chance 

Anointed by Mother Earth 

Risen with Father Sky 

The transcendent high desert 

Forged a new version of me 

Stripped to the bone 

Exposed and silent 

The dust formed new lungs 

My breath, the wind 

My hair made of golden grasses 

I am the desert 

She is me 

As I circle myself with salt 

Of long ago dried up sea 

I dare a mother fucker 

You’ll fuck around to find out 

Creatures like me endure 

We go on for eons 

Beyond even 

My spine of ocotillo 

Waits for the perfect moment to bloom 

Gloriously against the turquoise sky 

I laid dormant 

Silently sorting my energy 

Now I am once again burst to life 

Monsoonal rains 

Course through my veins 

Red Red Red  


(Written in Marfa TX) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anxiety

She Dreams of the Desert

Took A Greyhound Bus To My Love