‘Round This Town


 Driving ‘round this town 

In a beat up ol’ Mercedes 

Don’t know if it’s heaven I’m after 

Or if I’m headin’ into Hades 

Waylon and Willie singing from the airwaves 

People here prosper 

Or send themselves to early graves 

Legs stickin’ to the seats 

Sweat hanging off my brow 

Gotta find a little relief from the heat 

Gotta make it outta here somehow 

Might not always be right 

But been through enough wrong 

Got some poems in me 

And honey I could write a song 

Desert beats you up 

The air it sucks at your soul 

Then the rains come in

And somehow you feel whole 

This monsoonal moisture 

It falls from the sky 

Everything hangin’ on a prayer 

As I bow my head and cry 

A release becomes relief 

Gotta wrap yourself in faith here 

No matter your belief 

Energies playing off your thoughts 

Manifesting into being 

Feel it in my bones 

Even it’s nothing I am seeing 

Shapeshifters and skin walkers

Roam the land at night 

Like Apache warriors on horseback 

Kicking up some fright 

“Roll me up and smoke me when I die” 

I light up my Native Spirit 

As the evening passes by 

Tobacco to the heavens 

Smoke curls around my eyes 

Here wishes slither on the ground 

Or they take into the skies 

Desert she is a bitch 

She’ll beat you at your game 

Only way to endure 

Is to slightly go insane 

Decide I’ll go at her one more go ‘round 

Gonna continue raisin’ hell 

Til they stick me in this ground 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anxiety

She Dreams of the Desert

Took A Greyhound Bus To My Love