Pieces of Peace


 Pieces of peace 

Slipping through my hands 

Like the desert sands I crave

Fevered on the surface 

Cool underneath 

Moments pass by 

Like clouds in the turquoise skies 

Punctuated by sunsets 

Fueled by monsoon 

Torrential inspiration 

Raining down on my parched spirit 

Kissing me back to life 

From my languid state 

Reborn on the Marfa Plateau 

Built to endure the relentless elements 

Beautifully eroding 

Over long days 

Years fly by like the kestrel 

Hunting for prey 

Praying for sustenance 

An endless cycle of perceived deaths 

Followed by renaissance 

On and on and on 

For all time 

Carried by the Westerly winds 

My creative soul 

Paces like a ghost 

The desert on fire

Chasing invisible smoke 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anxiety

She Dreams of the Desert

Took A Greyhound Bus To My Love