Sotol & Salt

  Pouring my heart out

Sotol and salt 

Just tryin’ to get back to me 

Like I was 

Before you 

Unfucking  myself 

This high desert 

She watches out for me

Wants me here 

Lays things in my path 

I need unfolded 

Bones out in the sun 

Bleached 

And if all I have left is history and this earth, this dirt 

I’ll be a rich man

Not buried 

I’m planted 

I’ll rise once again 

From this desert soil 

Resurrected 

If I don’t prick you 

Or bite you 

I’ll blossom 

For a day 

Catch it if you can 

‘Cuz I’m on to the next iteration 

Forever changing 

Challenging who I was 

My only pause, growth 

*this poem was inspired by and written at Marfa Spirit Co. Distillers of incredible sotol.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anxiety

She Dreams of the Desert

Took A Greyhound Bus To My Love