Tumble

 Clarity for me 

Was lurking in the shadows 

Your love for me 

Snapped my neck 

Now I hang from the gallows 

Velvet bag over my dead eyes 

Last thing I saw was nothing 

Then the unimaginable 

Guess I’m hanging here to decompose 

My face frozen in repose 

They say the thinning comes after the rain

But where do you go after a deluge of pain 

Even though my heart stopped 

My pulse is gone 

My mind continues to love you 

As my spirit lives on 

Will you make me your favorite ghost 

Will you continue to dress me in my favorite clothes 

As time marches on 

And there’s just nothing left 

When you close your eyes at night 

Just know I tried my best 

Gave it my all 

Down to my flesh and bone 

Wishing for your love 

On dandelions 

Carried into the wind, blown 

Scattered 

My hopes tumble wildly through time 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anxiety

She Dreams of the Desert

Took A Greyhound Bus To My Love