Ghosts From The Past


 In the middle of sleepless nights 

Haunting thoughts 

Difficult memories 

Attics and basements in my mind 

The floors that we pace 

And the demons we face 

Tell the stories of where we’ve been 

Ghosts from the past 

Meet apparitions of future selves yet to be realized 

On a spiritual plain 

Rife with peace and wars fought 

Mental health fogs 

Insomnia inspired musings 

Fear leads to desperation 

It all culminates in the witching hour 

Blue black nights 

Fading into lavender sunrises 

Tales as old as time 

I balance my life on scales 

That sway violently from side to side 

Was I enough 

Or often too much 

To rectify what I might have become 

Here are the things that keep me up 

At night 

As midnights feel like afternoons 

The desert haunts my days 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anxiety

She Dreams of the Desert

Took A Greyhound Bus To My Love