Inside

 While it’s sunny outside 

I’ve got storms swirling inside 

While having coffee with you at a sidewalk cafe 

People pass by with no eye contact 

We have an interesting conversation 

You have no idea what I’m containing inside 

I’ve gotten good enough at blank fake smiles 

That even my cheeks are rosy 

Inside of my body my nervous system is erratic  

Anxiety threatens to remove flesh from bone 

And maybe that would be easier 

Some release

An escape from the burgeoning madness 

But as the hour passes we wrap up our visit 

Hug and say farewell 

My body still intact 

You go walking in one direction 

On the sunny side of the street 

And I go off in the other 

Immersed in my mental grey 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anxiety

She Dreams of the Desert

Took A Greyhound Bus To My Love