Skeletons of Tumbleweeds


 Skeletons of tumbleweeds dance in my dreams 

I fantasize about far away places 

Blown by the winds of fate 

Scattered 

Sometimes shattered 

Left to my own devices to rebuild 

Just as time is a construct 

I’m struck 

By the idea that so is happiness 

It’s such a temporary feeling 

Fleeting 

Healing 

From my past takes a lifetime 

As a desert wind blows 

I secure the hat on my head 

I brave the conditions 

Unable to stay still 

One foot placed in front of the other 

Until I’m halfway somewhere else 

Anywhere but here 

Never going back 

Never settling 

Searching for the words to say

On a 2 lane Texas highway 

Marfa as my muse 

My gravity 

always tucked in my back pocket 

A head full of wish 

I tumble on 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anxiety

She Dreams of the Desert

Took A Greyhound Bus To My Love