Aquamarine


Made my quest 

Out into the desert 

Unarmed 

Just the new me in my arsenal 

Standing alone

Empowered 

Ran my fingers across the scars of my chest 

The wounds from my history

Stitched and healed 

Never forgotten 

They’re part of me now 

No longer holding my breath from pain 

Like an exhale soul deep 

A smile on my face as I’m graced with the morning sun 

I could go anywhere 

Be anything 

But my ambition today is just to be 

In love with my lavender latte 

In walks the bluest eyes 

Set amongst the bluest skies 

My heart hanging on a fence undefended 

Maybe it’s time again 

To allow myself to feel 

I trust this desert implicitly 

Haunted so stunningly in real time 

With each step you take closer to me 

Aquamarine 


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anxiety

She Dreams of the Desert

Took A Greyhound Bus To My Love