Intersections


 Serape dreams 

As the sun dips beneath the Davis mountains 

The warmth of the day lingers on my skin 

Like your touch 

But it’s fading as the cool night air descends 

There’s magic in the air all around me, twinkling 

A drum beat in my head 

Are you the somebody making me move? 

Dancing across a barren earth barefooted 

With my heart filled with future 

All of my memories of my painful past 

Evaporate like desert rains 

When you’re next to me 

I see you down every road 

In every direction 

Intersections 

I am a christened new version each time I wake 

Left in your wake 

Waves of love crash over my head and flow 

Leaving me drenched in you 

A new life 

Soundtracks in my mind 

Move my feet closer to you 

Capturing this feeling 

Feels like chasing midnight lightning 

Through monsoonal Marfa summer nights 

Electrifying 

These summer nights keep me alive 

Dancing and dreaming 

A desert Gypsy 

In the pouring rain 

Feeling slightly insane 

Drunk on this love 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anxiety

She Dreams of the Desert

Took A Greyhound Bus To My Love