No Sweat, No Glory (by James Leland Ludeau III from Lafayette,LA)

i watch as the sweat from my brow hits the floor beneath me
and it vaporizes
heat
steam
transformation
my body moves
i watch as it resists the weights
a glorious dance of growth
hurt leads to beauty
struggle brings you to happiness
fit
strong
with music in my ears
and desire in my heart
this gym becomes my church
breath
concentration
will
in the moment i feel free
blessed
like i'm shedding demons
past lives fall away
i'm carving out who i want to be
it takes work
it's hard
no sweat, no glory
and i'm thankful to have this
this struggle
that is shaping me
changing me
i look around and appreciate the people around me
working toward their own goals
there's magic in this place
like i'm baptized by my own sweat
i taste the salt of it
a change in my chemistry
a desire to continue
to win
to never give up
never give in

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anxiety

She Dreams of the Desert

Took A Greyhound Bus To My Love