Filling Whole....The Sequel (by James Ludeau IIII from Lafayette,LA)

i mourned you for 40 years
i've been absent for 2
and i've come back renewed
i dance on your grave
sword and shield in hand
stronger
wiser
not guided by the wind like the sails of a ship anymore
in control of my vessel
i celebrate your ending
that's when my torch got lit
turned me into a man when i was a child
and it confused me for so many years
until i figured it out
slayed the dragon that was my past
not the direction i'm headed in anymore
fate played its role
brought me where i was to begin my journey
without you
never knowing that father figure
i tried Filling Wholes
holes
in my heart
in my soul
the struggle seemed so real to me
until i realized it was all in my mind
time has erased any concrete memories of you
you're just a ghost now
and i'm suited up for battle
but what i'm fighting for me is me now
not fighting against anything
i've healed
i've been lifted up
i bear your name
but no resemblance
i've shed that hurt
like an exoskeleton 
it never protected me
i lift a fist full of dirt into the air
and blow it into the wind
your ashes
scattered
i'm the king of my castle now
my crown firmly fixed onto my head 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anxiety

She Dreams of the Desert

Took A Greyhound Bus To My Love