I'm Gonna Carry On/ Like A Matador (by James Leland Ludeau III from Lafayette,LA)

the beat starts
and the lights feel like home
this place is my church
working my demons out note by note
movement by movement
my hips sway
my arms reach upward
moved
transcended
this is redemptive for me
this dancing
the sweat falling away from me
steamy
visceral
and i feel surrounded my love
guarded my angels
i'm gonna carry on
i've slayed my demons
buried my regrets
jumped over bitterness
i've found my escape
found my cure
music moves my bones
like a matador seducing the bull
it draws me in
bleeds me
writhing
collapsing with a joy i can't describe
baptized by my own perspiration
i feel like a new man

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anxiety

She Dreams of the Desert

Took A Greyhound Bus To My Love