Messiah (by James Leland Ludeau III from Lafayette,LA)

Messiah
or
Pariah
save me?
entomb me?
your spell cast
can it last
breathe a new breath into my lungs
will i wake up anew?
i won't get to the end of my days
saying i wasn't amazed
crazed
by my love for you
the flame flickers
will you wake up to find that you love me too?
is the best we can do?
tattered and torn
we led wicked lives
until we found each other
you, the day
i, the night
a fight
with all of our might
to grow
like a vine covering a fence
sometimes squeezing the air out of the room around us
we do this dance in the dark
with your words you cut me down the middle
you fuck me up a little
but you come back with arms open
hoping
that i'll lay back in them
and in my mind i already have
so what if my body just follows suit?
you can win the fight
i'll take the war
i'll wear the scar
this living for love
heaven above
hell below
what's left to show?
when you give your all
and you free fall
into the abyss
unable to resist
i will love you until my eyes close forever
never
not living for love

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anxiety

She Dreams of the Desert

Took A Greyhound Bus To My Love