The Devil May Pray (by James Leland Ludeau III from Lafayette,LA)

i think somewhere along the way
the devil had to pray
not to keep my soul
he played the role
of savior
my behavior
certainly deserved of being cast into hell
but he cast a spell
knowing damn well
that i belonged with the angels in the ether
the unknown was meant to be my home
the stars in the sky
the answers to why
it all appears in my head
sometimes black sometimes red
don't know why but i'm attracted to the dark
knowing i'm a spark
that could set this whole world ablaze
living my days
like each one could be my last
seeing past
what others judge me for
sometimes stumbled
tumbled
but i dust myself off
and adjust my crown back on my head
my story's not written
not over
there's something to say
when you make the devil pray
got something special within my soul
could i escape all harm
if i just laid here in your arms
could i cast a spell that you can't undo
could i make you love me too
teach me how to pray
i'm on my knees
that anything or anyone interests me more than myself
narcissist
in disbelief
slayed my ego and destroyed my old way of thinking
am i the King of Hearts?
or meant to live apart
it's so confusing, this road at times
paid for crimes
i didn't always commit
buried beneath the shit
that i denied creating
serenading
from the mountaintop
won't stop
i'll sing my song
all day and night long
until you hear my voice
you haven't a choice
this spark you've ignited
i've righted
those wrongs
my songs
of salvation
creation
i thought spoke volumes about you
but it turned on me
and i reflect on my own desires
and how i've attracted unattractive traits to me
sometimes got the best of me
but it won't get the rest of me
the devil may continue to pray
that i won't head his way


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anxiety

She Dreams of the Desert

Took A Greyhound Bus To My Love