Looking For Mercy in the age of Trump

Dear God 
Show me 
Sympathize 
Don’t criticize 
Try to understand 
Me 
As your child 
Because I feel so lost 
All the love seems gone 
Dry and barren 
We are consumed by greed 
False idols 
Only place I feel safe is deep inside of me 
Only love I feel comes from my dog 
It’s hard to live 
Hard to relate 
Hard to fight the urge to retaliate 
I’m looking for mercy 
Looking for love 
I want to rise above 
Raped and beaten 
Tattered and torn 
My soul is screaming out 
To an empty sky above 
Where have you gone? 
Dear God 
I’m covered in 
Peril 
Shame 
Poison in the water 
Death in the earth 
Nothing feels safe anymore 
Nothing feels sacred anymore 
Help me to outlive this hell 
Or at least succumb in peace 
I come in peace 
In pieces 
For once I was lost 
I’ve never been found 
I’m looking for mercy 
Hoping for love 
Praying for a sign 
That you’re still above 
Feels like you’ve abandoned us 
Forgotten 
Fled 
Left us all for dead 
Under this regime 
Trump’s horrendous greed 
My skin on fire 
My soul slowing dying 
What’s the use anymore 
When no one else is trying 
What will it take for us to wake up 
To see what we’ve brought upon ourselves 
Self inflicted hell 
Is it too late to tell

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anxiety

She Dreams of the Desert

Took A Greyhound Bus To My Love