Love Spent (by James Leland Ludeau III from Lafayette, LA)

Love Spent
that's how you left me
blindsided
alone on the floor
emptied of emotion
barren of feeling
and if you'd held me as tightly as you grasped at my money
we might've made it
but you pretended
and i paid
and i paid in more ways than i realized at the time
Love Spent
broken
bent
twisted
angry
confused
and i will sweep up my pieces
rebuild
continue on my journey
i invested so much in us
that i lost me
you gained
i lost
you tried in vain to capture my light
a vampire of my energy
i'm Love Spent
don't trust in it anymore
and the only love i seek these days
will be the love i have of myself
it's a Leo's greatest strength afterall
so leave
go
take what you've gained
i can smile knowing that it's not yours to hold really
and you'll lose it someday

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anxiety

She Dreams of the Desert

Took A Greyhound Bus To My Love