Moment of Surrender/Stations of The Cross (by James Leland Ludeau III from Lafayette,LA)

I believe in love
but does love believe in me?
i tied myself with wire
tied myself with rope
just to show you baby
that i've got a sliver of hope
and in my moment of surrender
i felt i could go no higher
suspended from gravity
walking on the wire
love dangling in front of me
teasing me
releasing me
playing with the fire
hoping it won't consume me
i believe in you
in the realm of uncertainty
at the moment of surrender
i fell to my knees
i offer my heart to you
but withhold my soul
i trust in you
i trust myself
but this game that becomes love
is a power struggle
a division of wills
and i'm not sure i can be weak enough to give myself fully
i was speeding on the subway
through the stations of the cross
counting down the moments until the pain would stop
wondering how Jesus made it through
blindly loving us
full of trust
and i have faith again
when i see your face again
and i hear prayers within
when you say my name
heaven sent
angelic
and i'm drunk on this want
and fed by my need
hoping that you will see
that there's more to me than greed
all i've ever wanted was to be as much as i could be
i've taken
i've disposed
i've discarded
i've thrown away
i'm at my moment of surrender
offering you a moment
the wild horse bowing his head
there's something to be said for letting it go
there's something majestic in surrender



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anxiety

She Dreams of the Desert

Took A Greyhound Bus To My Love