Every Storm Runs Out Of Rain (by James Leland Ludeau III from Lafayette,LA)

you swept into my life under the guise of night
and like an evil wind you rearranged what was familiar to me
you're a thief
and it's my heart that was stolen
like a black widow spider you trapped me in your gorgeous web
after a carefully choreographed dance of seduction
one sip of your poison
and i was on your toxic ride
you fed me your thunderous words
first they charmed
lifted me from the ground
floated over the sea of love
i thought i was King
but then you manipulated me
humiliated me
you wrote me beautiful letters
thinking you were so much better than me
but your words were false
and your promises empty
and hate rained on my heart
threatening to wash away all that was good
but you were like a storm
dark clouds bursting in a perfect sky
and every storm runs out of rain eventually
so i stood on the mountain of my faith
and waited for the sun
and as it bathed me in its glorious light
my soul took flight
and you'll never seize my might
the sea of self love that i know so well
extinguished the flames of your hate
no one really won
i am certain that we both lost something in the fight
but now when the skies turn dark
i bow my head for a moment
knowing that i can weather any storm
after what you put me through
thought you were my sanctuary
but i refused to be buried





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anxiety

She Dreams of the Desert

Took A Greyhound Bus To My Love