My Take On LIVE TO TELL (by James Leland Ludeau III from Lafayette,LA)

i have a tale to tell
been through hell
a man can tell a thousand lies
and sometimes that man was me
you see
i recently started to analyze my purpose
find my true voice
my ego melting slowly away at a glacier's pace
time is a whore
she fucks us all
i'm no longer the 25 year old fresh faced boy i still see in my mind
i know where beauty lives
i know the light she gives
the life that you could never see
i'm freeing me from me
the light it shines inside
you can't take that from me
left sometimes in the dark
but my spark
never died
might've cried
if i ran away
i'd never have the strength to go very far
how would they hear the beating of my heart
the part
that is buried inside
no need to hide
i'll let it out
will it grow cold, the secret that i hide
i will grow old
this life is a ride
and half of mine has passed
hope i last
long enough
to tell
my tale
i know so well
it's hell
that attracts more attention than heaven

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anxiety

She Dreams of the Desert

Took A Greyhound Bus To My Love