Shine On (by James Leland Ludeau III from Lafayette,LA)

no struggle equals
no strength
almost cracked beneath
the pressure
no air
no care
it lifted
gifted
with a sense of peace
some relief
my feet
planted on the earth
birth
of a new man
with a hand
in how he reacts
no attacks
like the wings of a butterfly
flutter
no stutter
my peace is my goal
i'm whole
no hole
my heart open
and healed over
a grower
slower
than most
can't boast
but i'm happy
even if you call me fat
i'm alright with that
i spent enough time on the outside
not where i reside
anymore
not a whore
to the treadmill
still
i'll get it back
on track
this life is rollercoaster ride
nothing to hide
the ups
the downs
thrown all around
these days i'd rather heal with my words
than slay
the day
of that is done
set that sun
kept the light
bright
shine on


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anxiety

She Dreams of the Desert

Took A Greyhound Bus To My Love