A Love I Couldn't Endure (by James Leland Ludeau III from Lafayette,LA)

In love we took risks
turns and twists
i slit my wrists
i slowly bled
a river of red
angels fell out of heaven when we fell out of love
their tears poured down like rain from the dark skies above
your words like poisoned arrows penetrated my heart
and once united we slowly crumbled apart
like Pompeii i'm covered in our ash
from a love that couldn't last
that blast
so strong it knocked out my light
despite my might
i was failed to win
couldn't piece us together again
full of shame and regret
i can't forget
falling for your lie
a tear from my eye
evaporates into the air surrounding me
clearly, my head bowed
this path i've plowed
of a love gone wrong
i sing this song
and angels weep
i sink beneath the deep
carried away on an ocean of loss
the cost
i paid
i've prayed
that i make it through this moment and see the sun shine once again
no lover
no friend
it feels like an end
darkened skies
the angels' cries
too weak to fly
my wings ripped out
too hoarse to shout
the end of it all
thunder roars
lightning strikes
i fell down
you stole my crown
it's the end of days
no more time
this paradise we once reigned
has grown into a hell
and the thorny vine of your hate
suffocates
me
takes my breath away
not in the same way it used to
i've been slain
can't regain
the trust
that must
be rebuilt for us to survive
i've cried
enough tears for rivers
shivers
down my spine
we've run out of time
and as the world falls down around me
i see
where i thought i could right my wrongs
was my weakness all along
i wasn't strong enough to be fragile enough for you to fix
and what was broken in you bled out onto me
we could never be
two halves
never a whole
you stole
our chance
this romance
it lays in shambles
ruins
and i'm but a fossil
an imprint
a remnant from a time
that can be no more
but i've left my mark for all time
and i guess in the end
that will suffice
my sacrifice
a love i couldn't endure

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anxiety

She Dreams of the Desert

Took A Greyhound Bus To My Love