Matador (by James Leland Ludeau III from Lafayette,LA)

cut me down the middle
fucked me up a little
i tried to give you everything
played my part of the stage
but you wanted all the praise
like you'd deserved it
you acted as if i was no longer needed
my words drew them in
and you took the bow
stole the credit you didn't earn
snatched my crown
but i dwelled there long enough
and i'm here to say that i'm back, bitches
Heartbreak City
you can have that mess
i'm best
when i'm standing on my own two feet
saying what i want
doing what i want
i'll take the credit as i earn it
was never one to operate in the shadows
i'm a seeker of the Light
i'll draw them back in
show them what i'm about
show them this dance of love and seduction
this artistry of love
this wicked fight
like a matador i'm suited up for battle
my sword in tow
ready for the applause
as i slay the bull of my ego
and let everyone witness
it bleed out a river of crimson pride

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anxiety

She Dreams of the Desert

Took A Greyhound Bus To My Love