Whatever May Come (by James Leland Ludeau III from Lafayette,LA)

i look at you and you're looking at me
give me a minute just to catch my breath
as all the oxygen evaporates when you enter the room
i wanna be lighter
tired of being a fighter

and i stare at your face
perfect as a gorgeous blue sky
and my heart dances in your sun

when i need you, can i send you a sign? like Batman
and you don't have to erase it all
you just need to be there

when i kiss your lips
what i feel is like poetry for my soul
your arms are big enough to wrap around the world
but i only want them wrapped around me

you are my star in the night sky
you're the desire that keeps me alive

my edges are rough
sometimes my words cut like pieces of glass
but you soften it
you make the hurt go away
when i look into your big brown eyes i see myself

so i promise to look back on this perfect August afternoon
whenever i feel like giving up on the fight
i'll remember how i felt on this day
and it will carry me through whatever may come

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anxiety

She Dreams of the Desert

Took A Greyhound Bus To My Love