Love Like Ghosts

 Love


like ghosts 

Chills me to the bone 

Tread this path all alone 

Figure I’m better off on my own 

Cuz these thoughts of you live in my head 

Run me over and leave me for dead 

Emotionally numb to anything but hurt 

Can recognize it in you 

But can’t see my own worth 

You wrapped me up in your love 

Bathed me in the moonlight of your desire 

Now all that’s left are the embers 

Smoke and ash from our fire 

Am I such a dark force 

Am I misunderstood 

Baby I’d try to hold on 

If I thought I could 

But this love stuff never does me right 

I pack it up and leave in the night 

This desert, my one true love 

Just me and the sky and the stars above 

So don’t take it wrong 

Let the words of this song 

Roam the halls of your heart 

And sew me up 

Cuz I’m torn apart 

You were the one I could’ve loved the most 

Tell me baby I’m your favorite ghost 

Cuz the love is dead 

Gone but not forgotten 

A pretty carcass by the road 

Bloated and rotten 

 Love like ghosts 

Chills me to the bone 

Tumbleweeds in my heart

After the wind has blown 

You away from my life 

From my grasp 

I knew from the beginning

We’d never last 

So I hold your love like a ghost as I sleep

Frozen tears stuck to my cheek 

Love like ghosts 

Haunted 

Spirits in the air 

Spirits in my glass 

I try to drown them out 

But drown myself instead 

Cuz baby your love is my ghost 

I’m breathing but completely dead 

You sing all day

And haunt me all night 

I thought your love was like a ghost 

But what ain’t living 

Can never really die 

And I can’t try 

To dig you up no more 

So our love fades away 

Like some kind of folklore 

All these spirits that I know I saw 

Do you see no ghost in me at all? 

Cuz I promise you I’m dead inside 

No more places to run and hide 

I threw myself off the cliff of you 

Fell to my death 

On the rocks below 

Drug under the surface of your undertow

Love like ghosts 

Forever to haunt 

Peace evades  





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anxiety

She Dreams of the Desert

Took A Greyhound Bus To My Love