Love Spent Pt 4 (by James Leland Ludeau From Lafayette,LA)

Love Spent
yeah i'm love spent
wondering where it all went
you blew through my money
faster than my love
but i'm spent
it's spent
we're spent
feeling love spent
paid my debt in full
you pull
at my strings
make me do things
i'd not normally do
you
make me want to sacrifice all
that i have
glad
just to have you around
but your greed
i take heed
it devours
showers
you and me
the lust in your eyes is green
seen
by me
we
can't work out
you're about
what you can gain at my expense
repents
you claim what i've earned
shoulda learned
to love me for me
free
from that trap
your grasp
on my earnings
leaves me yearning
for love that means more
than what's in store
for you
you gain
my pain
ignored
endured
enough of this shit
i quit
love spent
bankrupt
corrupt
love has left me broke
i choke
on the words i tried to say
my day
consumed by your greed
indeed
i'll survive
and thrive
without you sucking the life out of me
set free
but love spent
bent
not broken

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anxiety

She Dreams of the Desert

Took A Greyhound Bus To My Love