You Took Forever Off The Table (by James Leland Ludeau III from Lafayette,LA)

you took forever off the table without even discussing it with me
i no longer answer my phone when you call
i think it's only fair
driving fast late at night
the highway before me symbolizing a new path
my sunroof open
the night sky blanketing above me
stars
like tiny holes to heaven
twinkle on
the wind in my hair
the feeling of freedom
the night pregnant with opportunity
i always knew i never wanted this
all the broken promises
i'll never miss
on this night i feel reborn
like a new man
on a mission
live fast
run free
love is a game too complicated for me
the brevity of life hangs in my mind
i've wasted too much time on romantic love
i'll drive on in the night alone

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anxiety

She Dreams of the Desert

Took A Greyhound Bus To My Love