You're My Ocean (by James Leland Ludeau III from Lafayette,LA)

you're my ocean
sometimes i float on your smooth as glass surface
other times i'm fighting for my life beneath your turbulence
yet i love you
all of you
the beautiful days
the stormy nights
i love the way the sun bathes you in its golden glory
and i'm not sure who is lovelier
(it's hard to outshine the sun, but you do sometimes)
you give me life
nourish a part of me that was nearly dead
i swim through your seas
you bring me to my knees
you contain little treasures
that i'm always happy to find
you're vast and full of secrets
you're my ocean
my sea
ain't no place i'd rather be
than right beneath your surface
drifting
dreaming
sailing
bobbing
you take me where i need to be
your silent power amazes me
when i'm at my driest i'm still wet
each day a new discovery

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anxiety

She Dreams of the Desert

Took A Greyhound Bus To My Love