Not The Marrying Kind (James Leland Ludeau III from Lafayette,LA)

be kind
i'm not the marrying kind
love me from afar
no jar
shall capture me like a lightning bug
hug
me
don't trap me in
when
i'm ready i'll reveal
what's concealed
the deal
not sealed
until i say
my day
not governed by your desire to couple
i chuckle
at that
old hat
to think that you need someone to be fulfilled
deal
with the fact
jack
that if i think i can do better alone
i'll roam
until i find a mate worth giving
forgiving
of my flaws
and all
fall
madly in love
still might not say "i do"
for you
no sign
you're mine
might just have to know it
rather than show it
a feeling deep within
you win
my heart
never part
love me for who i am
no sham
no farce
remorse
for trying to fence me in
begin
to accept that i'm wilder than you thought
can't be bought
my love
i hand over with caution
not ever so often

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anxiety

She Dreams of the Desert

Took A Greyhound Bus To My Love