The Mountains (by James Leland Ludeau III from Lafayette,LA)

i see God in the rocks
i feel his presence in the layers
in the vastness
the enormity of the mountains
i feel inspired
i feel when i touch the surface of the rocks
that i communicate with them
that i have mountains in my veins
i understand the language of the them
how they sit there
they command your silent respect
they change day to day
surrounded by the changing environment
yet they themselves do not often change
slowly they work their way out of the earth
rising
not in a rush
to reveal their majesty
they calm me
i find peace when i'm up in them
even though i fear heights
i find pride in myself for being brave enough to go higher each time i visit them
and i feel lucky
because i feel closer to my Maker when i'm around mountains
and it may sound absurd
but the mountains teach me how I'd like to be
a huge, humble refuge
an entertainment for some
a spiritual conquest for others
the Rockies and i have much in common
and i can't wait to return

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anxiety

She Dreams of the Desert

Took A Greyhound Bus To My Love