A Flock of Birds (by James Leland Ludeau III from Lafayette,LA)

a flock of birds
hovering above
and how could you cage something that knows how to fly?
a flock of birds
that's how i see this love
the alchemy that exists between us
it arrives
next thing you know it's gone
fly on
and i wish you well
whether we work out or not
in the dark you're like the wind
i feel you
but i can not see you
just a presence on my skin
a magic
a layer in the world i just can't describe
spread your wings
and fly over me
and it may break my heart
or it may set me apart
but this love i feel will set me free in some way
whatever comes to me i welcome it
i embrace your embrace
and if it lasts it does
and if it doesn't it doesn't
but in my head i'll never forget how it felt
i'm open
vulnerable
pure
true
my heart is a flock of birds
and for now i've landed on you

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anxiety

She Dreams of the Desert

Took A Greyhound Bus To My Love