Super Man: Something About Losing (by James Leland Ludeau III from Lafayette,LA)

draped in my cape
pulled on my tights
ready to fight
thought i was your Superman
but i was a clown
in your circus of shit
a storm blew into town
that i could not fight
i'd never win
the man of steel
no longer
and the humanity sunk in
deep within my skin
weak
i crumbled
when you walked away
my heart stopped
i gasped for air
spiraling out of control
i sank
no soaring
and at that point i realized something much weaker than Kryptonite could take me down
you
you did it to me
you knocked the Super out of this Man
and i'm happy for it
for i don't have to be a hero
i just have to be a man
there's a freedom in losing
that puts the wind back in your sails

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anxiety

She Dreams of the Desert

Took A Greyhound Bus To My Love