Another Round (by James Leland Ludeau III from Lafayette,LA)

there were times that i was into myself more than i was into you
times that i gave up myself to be with you
completely lost myself
i put up fronts
lied
played roles that i wasn't really comfortable with
but i'm human
and i've never stopped trying for love
i've taken the dive into the deep end
never afraid to swim through the tempest
gone from zero to sixty instantly
but i've been on a search
and i'm just a guy looking for love
never meant  to hurt anyone on my quest
i have faults
scars
flaws
that i'm no longer afraid to expose
dont' wanna hide behind a facade that we are trained to use
no distractions
i am me
you love me or you don't
you can deal or you can't
i've shared so much for so long
been so right
been so wrong
heart on my sleeve
slept with thieves
who stole part
who broke my heart
but i'm still not afraid to restart
and i'll dance to my own beat
not beat
up
not down
let's go another round

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anxiety

She Dreams of the Desert

Took A Greyhound Bus To My Love