This Night Full of Stars (by James Leland Ludeau III from Lafayette,LA)

i'm standing on a mountain
and i'm screaming your name
i'm trying to tell you
that love is just a game
and i'm ready to play again
all i really need to express
is that i'm destroyed when you leave
i grieve
even if it's for an hour
it pains my heart
it cuts me in two
like a magician
you make half of me disappear
absolve
and a night full of stars
reminds me
to stop looking at the ground
and gaze up at the sky
leave a light on
there's a crack
a crack in everything
that's where the light seeps in
i'm broken
wounded
hurt
insecure
and it's your care that mends me
that gentle touch of yours in the dark
smooth skin against skin
the blessing reveals itself
i believe that the universe gives back to me
and this night full of stars
like holes to heaven
proves my faith

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anxiety

She Dreams of the Desert

Took A Greyhound Bus To My Love