Born In A Cage (by James Leland Ludeau III from Lafayette,LA)

birds born in a cage think flying is an illness
they know not the freedom
of feeling the wind helping you to soar
as my cage grew smaller
my dreams of breaking away grew larger
you would never listen when i needed someone to talk to
like it was all beneath you
started out as love
descended into hate
my time in the sun limited by your control issues
and i've always had an appetite for the light
and insatiable desire to be paid attention to
my pysche bent by the walls of the cage of your love
so i played my part well enough to gain your trust
many days i'd light on your finger while you fed me lies
and i ate it with disgust in my soul
and i didn't escape
so you thought i was yours to keep caged forever
i pretended so well
your words were heaven
your kisses hell
one orange evening you let me out to feed me your shit like usual
and i took my chance
i spread my wings and i soared above you
i heard your cries
but you had no idea what you were crying for
you'd never appreciated my beauty
how could you even know what you'd miss?
as i rose higher into the sky i could feel my strength build
i flew in swift circles against the starry night sky
and wondered why i was ever fated to pretend
i never liked your love


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anxiety

She Dreams of the Desert

Took A Greyhound Bus To My Love