You Killed Everything In Me But Hope (by James Leland Ludeau III from Lafayette,LA)

your love punched me square in the jaw
felt my teeth rattle
tasted the blood
and that was just from your stare
your touch
it removed my flesh
and left me burning
full of desire
pinned beneath your lustful glance
like a fly trapped to fly paper
i had nowhere to go
just a slow, sinking death
into oblivion
you couldn't love me back
you didn't know how
you destroyed yourself with a fervor
like a fury
a fire
burning out of control
you consumed us both
exhausted my regard
until i laid still and played dead
i adored you
felt like i was protected by an army with your love
naked
stripped
bare
my heart, my skin, my soul
my love
and your intent was just to capture me
frozen
trapped
showcased
your prey
i lay
on the floor
holding my breath so you'd think i no longer existed
but i resisted
like the tiniest of seeds beneath the snow of winter
i knew that the first ray of the spring sun
would bring me back to life
you killed everything in me
but hope

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anxiety

She Dreams of the Desert

Took A Greyhound Bus To My Love