Your Parade of Hate (by James Leland Ludeau III from Lafayette,LA)

the atmosphere around me ignited with your hatred
you threw words at me like balls of fire
i closed my eyes and prayed
and suddenly the goodness in me rained on your parade of hate
drowning out the sting of your words
neutralizing and eventually extinguishing the flame of your detestation
deep within i know that hatred is born in love
and jealousy is like a cancer that consumes its host
and i choose not to see that happen
i walked away
no longer participating
i have more respect for myself than that
a war of words has never accomplished anything but hurt
and i've experienced enough hate in my life to last eons
so i forgive you
and i wish you well
Jesus taught to turn the other cheek
Do onto others
it took me many years to contain my reactionary responsiveness
but last year when i carved the word "forgive" on my chest
it became my anthem
i forgive you
i release my soul from giving into the hate
and i walk away in prayer
i hope you find the peace you so deserve

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anxiety

She Dreams of the Desert

Took A Greyhound Bus To My Love