Lucky (by James Leland Ludeau III from Lafayette,LA)

i waited many years
to show you how i feel
i peeled away the facade
and i showed you what was inside
flaws and all
i handed you my heart
exposed
i trust you
always knew
you knew too
you waited
you let me do what i needed to do
you let me be the center of attention
until i exhausted myself of that desire
the first time i held your hand
fireworks up and down my spine
the first time i kissed your lips
my dreams came true
your hand on my knee as i drove down the highway
i needed nothing else
simple
easy
finally
a perfect day
each breath i took that day counted
i could finally breathe
someone loved me for me
not for what i had to offer
not because i was attractive
not because i was funny
but because i was me
lucky

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anxiety

She Dreams of the Desert

Took A Greyhound Bus To My Love