This April Day (by James Leland Ludeau III from Lafayette,LA)

sitting here in the Spring sun
a cool breeze grazing my skin
and i feel alive again
like your kiss gave me life
set my heart on fire
i've always been one led by passion
sometimes a blessing
sometimes a disaster
but always a thrilling ride
the way your soul speaks to me
in a language not yet discovered
and how my body responds
it's explosive
the road i traveled to get to where i am now
well it was full of bumps and bruises along the way
i had to earn what i've got the hard way
if you trust in me i can make you see
love can open any door
and this feeling, it's my religion now
my faith runs deep on this April day
sitting in the light of the sun
basking in the light of our love
and the light in my soul dims them all
and with a Mona Lisa smile i grant this day
you'll never know what i'm thinking
but i'll show you how i'm feeling

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anxiety

She Dreams of the Desert

Took A Greyhound Bus To My Love