Vows Broken (by James Leland Ludeau III from Lafayette,LA)

you take sips
and i taste the whiskey on your lips
would you love me if i ruled the world?
half boy? half girl?
make love to me in the dark
light this spark
'til it's a full on fire
higher and higher
burning bright
let's marry the night
burn a hole in the road
we've showed
them all how it's done
run
as far from love as we possibly could
no good
dressed in black leather
together
let's weather
the storm
can't harm
us as we stand arm in arm
i sat on the corner of the bar and kissed you deep as an ocean
commotion
sent my head spinning
winning
you over
made me the happiest man on earth
burst
ing with pride
willing to ride
your ups and your downs
getting
our wedding
black leather we'll wear
as we swear
together
forever
but your bipolar took a swing
the sting
that's is over
just hasn't set in yet
i bet
you bruised my arm and you broke my heart
apart
we've grown
sown
the seeds you planted
took me for granted
and now i carry on with my show
grow
into the man i wish to be
me
no we
no to have and to hold
told
of my sorrow
no tomorrow
for us

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anxiety

She Dreams of the Desert

Took A Greyhound Bus To My Love