Jerusalem (by James Leland Ludeau III from Lafayette,LA)

my back turned toward the darkness
professing to be spiritual
walking through this lonely valley
knowing my lowliness
owning it
knowing that i brought it upon myself
by actions and choices in my past
trusting in the Lord with the purity in my heart
to deliver me from this
i have the faith and strength to continue
i've been exposed by the things i've ignored
i've shaken hands and laid ammunition for my fellow man
when i didn't know how to do good
i walked away from the light
if my own vanity wasn't part of it
i thought it was insanity
and wickedness sometimes ruled the day
but a part of me lives in you
like fruit on the vine
we feed one another
can't exist without each other
i am the vine
you are the fruit
i nurture you
you bloom
no longer a fool justifying ignorant things
repented
knocked to my knees and remained there long enough to see
it's not the talkers but the walkers in His word
I will know my very own Jerusalem

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anxiety

She Dreams of the Desert

Took A Greyhound Bus To My Love