The Guy I Could Never Forget (by James Leland Ludeau III from Lafayette,LA)

you've left me speechless
and sometimes i should just shut the fuck up
and listen
it would do me a world of good
the words you're saying
blow my mind
Nearly a decade of shared history
chasing each other around in circles
has led to this moment
of surrender
of giving up the fight
to work together
to carve out a future
clarity
vision
intent
it's all there
when i see your face
i realize that you're the man i'm going to marry
you watched me turn 30
and then 40
and you didn't go away
you sat to the side and let me carry on with my bullshit show
until i exhausted of it
then you confidently walked back in and grabbed my hand
knowing that i was at a place where i'd be receptive
i'm a lucky man
i could ask what i have done to deserve you
but the answer would  be "everything"
you're the guy i could never forget
and i'm just lucky that you felt the same

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anxiety

She Dreams of the Desert

Took A Greyhound Bus To My Love