Atlas (by James Leland Ludeau III from Lafayette,LA)

like Atlas
i will carry you in my tattooed arms
i will carry your world on my shoulders
i'll hide your pain
i'll heal your pain
i'll carry that which is too heavy a load for you to bear
i'll stick it up on my shoulders
i'll lighten your load
i'll be your strength
when you feel weak
i'll hold it all above you
i'll protect your brilliant head
i'll let you in my heart
how will we know if we don't even try?
every step that you take
could be your biggest mistake
it could bend or it could break
but that's the risk that you take
so love me
love me like Atlas
the man that holds your world
while standing there by your side
holding your hand next to his heart
my love for you beckons
and i sing out in the midnight hour
let your love devour
my eternal power
like Atlas
i'll carry it for you, baby

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anxiety

She Dreams of the Desert

Took A Greyhound Bus To My Love